Friday, August 18, 2006

Delicious Rice Pudding


This is the best recipe for rice pudding that I have ever had! I made too much rice a couple days ago and needed something to make with it. My husband mentioned that his mom aways made a really good rice pudding dish whenever thay had leftover rice so I called her for the recipe:

1 cup rice
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Enough milk to get slightly soupy (it will thicken as it cooks)

Bring to boil while stirring. Boil for about 3 minutes. Taste test: it should be very sweet.

I doubled the recipe and still have leftover rice so I plan the make more rice pudding! It makes a great dessert or breakfast. Jeremy likes it served cold, but I prefer it served hot so whichever way you decide is best.

Enjoy!


Just wanted to add a wedding picture!
To see more visit our blog: Clarks in China
or our family blog: Clark Connections

3 comments:

Ruth said...

We make rice pudding quite often, just like your recipe but I never measure the ingredients. I usually add raisins as well, and sometimes nutmeg. Your pictures are great. Thanks, Bonny!

Anonymous said...

We tried the rice pudding today and really liked the recipe! Thanks for posting it!

Gloria and Chloe

Jenn said...

I never made this kind of recipe, but it sounds good!
We'll have to try it out soon.