Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Taco Soup


If you want a quick and tasty meal, this is it-- Taco Soup!

Tricia emailed this recipe to me yesterday, and since I had most of the ingredients on hand, I made it for supper tonight. Matthew thought the soup was so delicious that he had three servings. Well, at 14 Matthew usually eats multiple servings at every meal, but the rest of us thoroughly enjoyed the soup, too. It must be the ranch dressing mix that gives the soup such a good flavor. Who would have thought of putting ranch dressing in soup? I will definitely be making this recipe again!

Taco Soup with Black Beans

1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
28 oz can crushed tomatoes
15 1/4 oz can corn, undrained
15 oz can black beans, undrained
15 1/2 oz can red kidney beans, undrained
1 envelope dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
1 envelope dry taco seasoning
1 small onion, chopped
tortilla or corn chips
shredded cheese
sour cream
1. Combine all ingredients except chips, shredded cheese, and sour cream in slow cooker.
2. Cover. Cook on Low 4-6 hours.
3. Garnish individual servings with chips, cheese, and sour cream.


Notes: I did not have kidney beans so I substituted pinto beans. I added an extra can of diced tomatoes and an extra can of pinto beans to make a larger quantity. It's a good thing I did, too, because there wasn't much soup leftover. We ate the soup on top of tortilla chips on a plate and not in a bowl.




3 comments:

Jessica said...

The pictures of this are really awesome, Mom. It looks yummy for a cool, fall day!

Anonymous said...

That sounds good! We love Mexican foods! :)

Anonymous said...

My Mom has already made this again! I must say though, it was pretty good.....

In Him,
Kaci