Tuesday, September 25, 2012

BBQ Beef Brisket

Posting this here so I can find it again!  :)
 
"Here is what I do with the brisket:

Rub barbecue spice mix all over both sides and place in a foil pan or a large roaster.  Cover with foil and bake at 250 for 8 hours.  Allow it to cool slightly, then remove excess fat and slice across the grain.  Reserve about 1/4c. of the pan juices.  Place the sliced meat in a fresh pan and brush on a little barbecue sauce.  Add the reserved juice and cover with foil.  You can stick it in the fridge at this point, or you can pop it back in the oven for awhile to reheat and serve.

I like to use Head Country barbecue seasoning and sauce.

The briskest that I am doing this week are quite a bit larger than anything I've done before, so we will see if 8 hours is enough time!"

S.M.

No comments: