Monday, June 05, 2006

Monday Morning Breakfast

I am in the process of revamping my menus.

Breakfast is always a challenge for me. For one, I am not much of a breakfast eater but my 7 little (and not so little) chicks at home are firm believers of breakfast. There is also something about Monday mornings that demand something a bit enticement when it comes to breakfast food. The proverbial carrot of food that says, "...come to the table, awaken your tastebuds and begin a brand new week!"

I am trying this for some of our Monday Mornings....it was a hit today!

Cheesy Apple Toast

1/2 cup softened cream cheese
2 apples, peeled and sliced thinly
cinnamon and sugar mixture*
12 slices Raisin Toast

Toast both sides of the bread. Spread with cream cheese and then top with sliced apples. Sprinkle with a light dusting of the cinnamon and brown sugar mixtre. Place under broiler for 2 minutes. Mmmmmmm!

* Keep a mixture of sugar and brown cinnamon in a large salt & pepper shaker or something similar. It is wonderful to use to add just a little extra zip to many recipes with just a shake of the wrist!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

This sounds really good Julie...something I can easily do for a quick breakfast. You are creative!
Jessica

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Jessica. You know what? I really like this blog. Can't wait for more posts.

Ruth said...

Julie,
I'd love to see you post your revaamped breakfast menu! We are in the bad habit of eating cold cereal most days. Well, I don't eat breakfast, but everyone else does. Our breakfast meals could use some major improvement!
Ruth