Sunday, June 11, 2006

Peach Trifle




Today I made a peach trifle in the bowl that Jessica gave me for my last birthday. I just love this bowl! It makes even a simple dessert like a peach trifle look special. I can imagine a layered salad in this bowl, or a mixed-fruit salad, or... hmmm, perhaps even tuna macaroni salad would look pretty in this bowl. I wonder, do you think my kids would eat macaroni salad if it was presented in a trifle bowl?




Recipe for this simple but yummy Peach Trifle:

Ingredients:
1/2 yellow cake, baked and cut into bite sized pieces
1 container of Cool Whip
2 small boxes of instant vanilla pudding
2 cans of sliced peaches

In a deep bowl, layer the ingredients in the following order:
cake pieces, peaches, 1 box of pudding made according to box directions, Cool Whip. Repeat the layers one more time, using the second box of pudding and ending with the Cool Whip. Garnish the top with a few peach slices. Refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.

Here is the Strawberry Shortcake trifle I made a few months ago using Angel Food cake and strawberries.



I think I am going to try something different next time and use chocolate pudding, yellow cake, cherry pie filling, and Cool Whip for a Boston Cream Pie variation. The possibilities are endless.... I'd love to read more suggestions for other variations, so please comment with your ideas.

Ruth

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummm....that looks great! I will try the strawberry one soon with scratch cake!! =) Thanks for the idea

Jenn

Heather said...

I love both of your blogs!! I just recently stumbled on them. I have the same glass bowl. I am going to try your peach trifle recipe for Father's day this weekend.

I just posted a trifle recipe on my blog for Butterfinger Trifle.

Love, Heather