Friday, January 18, 2008

Maple Baked Pork Chops and Pears


I have been cooking and finding new recipes, but just haven't been getting around to posting. So here is my first new recipe find:

Maple Baked Pork Chops and Pears

6 loin chops, cut 3/4 inch thick

1 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. sage

2 pears
2 tbsp. cornstarch

1 1/2 c. hot water

1/2 c. maple syrup

1 tbsp. cider vinegar

Parsley


Rub pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and sage. Brown slowly in hot skillet. Place in shallow baking dish. Core and slice pears. But do not peel. Arrange slices on top of pork chops. Blend cornstarch into fat drippings in skillet. Gradually stir in hot water and cook until thickened. Add syrup, vinegar and remaining 3/4 tsp. of salt. Pour sauce over pork chops and pears. Cover and bake at 350 degrees about 1 hour or until pork chops are tender. Garnish with parsley.

Jessica, you and Justin might like this since you cook with pork chops a lot. It has become one of our favorite dishes. Unfortunately, pork chops are not cheap in our area, so this recipe is a treat when I find pork chops cheap enough for me (or when I feel like splurging). I made them when my mom visited in November and she loved them too!

I've tried several other recipes that I wanted to post, but I cannot remember what they are right now.

No comments: