Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Sandwich Inspirations


The wonderful thing about being pregnant is that all sorts of amazing food inspirations hit me all the time. Now that I'm past the 'everything-tastes-yucky' stage, I often find myself daydreaming about all the yummy things I feel like eating and making.

Today it was turkey-guacamole sandwiches. Mix up some fresh guacamole by combining one avocado with some sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.

Imagine taking two slices of toasted wheat bread. Start with thinly-sliced deli turkey breast. Add thick slices of chunk cheddar cheese, lettuce, and tomato slices. Bacon would be good too, but I didn't think of that until just now. Finally spread with a thick (like 1/2 in. thick) layer of fresh guacamole. Serve and eat with tortilla chips.

Now doesn't that sound good?

Jessica

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

..... no

Ruth said...

Yes, Jessica, I think that sounds yum-delicious. Of course, I like avocados. Perhaps the anonymous commenter who said "no" does not like avocados. :-)

You can come cook for me anyday!
Mom

Anonymous said...

I am the one who said "no"! I forgot that I didn't put my name in when I wrote that!
You're right though, I do not like avocados. I also do not like eating fresh tomato slices, even though I like anything else with tomato in it! :-)
That sandwich sounds kind of like something my Mom would like. :-)

That Cherry Coffee Cake sounds really good though! And I get to have some on Saturday for Courtney's birthday! :-)

-Kaci

Ruth said...

That's funny, Kaci. You know, I have met so many people who do not like fresh tomatoes, but avocados? Avocados are great! You don't know what you're missing. :-)

Believe me, the Cherry Coffee Cake is wonderful. I think we've made it two times already since Jessica posted the recipe.

Anonymous said...

I'll just have to take your word for it that avocados are 'great'. :-)

I can't wait to taste the cake! Maybe we'll bring you a piece on Sunday. :-)

-Kace

Elissa said...

I agree with you Kaci!! I love tomato products, but not fresh tomatoes! I also agree about the sandwich, although if I liked avcadoes it would sound yummy.
~Elissa

Anonymous said...

You were right Mrs Smith; the cake is sooooooo good! I love it!!!!! I will definitely want to make it again sometime!

See you tomorrow!

-Kaci

Ruth said...

Are you bringing me a piece? :-)

Anonymous said...

I think the turkey sandwich sounds wonderful...toss a bit of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing on top, and YUM!

But I like anything fattening, and avocados are just that!

Sometimes folks don't like avocados and tomatoes because of the texture...my husband eats any kind of tomato, provided he can't "feel it". Now that's strange, but it is the truth!